Hello Lacquered Lovelies and Makeup Freaks,
This is the first review that I promised you yesterday, I thought I would post it today since I have until Sunday to announce something for this up coming holiday.
Urban Decay's Naked palette was released store wide on August 1st. 2010, I think I had purchased mine somewhere close to August 1st. 2011. This palette comes with 12 neutral shades, a mini eyeshadow primer, and a brush, the original palette came with a double sided eyeliner in Zero and Whiskey. I don't mind that there is a brush instead but I would have rather seen the eyeliners. I think this palette will be great for this up and coming fall.
I know you have probably seen like 100000 and 1 reviews on this palette but I just thought I would make mine stand out a little more.
The colors are great, perfect for a natural look, a smokey look, or even an evening look.
- Virgin is a satin-y nude color, it's not a shimmer but not a flat matte finish. More frostier than anything but not too overly done. I wouldn't use it as a highlight because of the frostiness but it is a good all over wash.
- Sin is a champagne color with a pull towards pink. This is a frosty finish. It is a part of the permanent line so you can buy it separately. It also makes an appearance in the Book Of Shadows Vol. 4, the Fun Palette, and Ammo Palette.
- Naked is a matte taupe-y brown. I find this is a great color to go all over your lid.
- Sidecar is a jam packed sparkle light brown. This color is really hard to work with. There is a lot of sparkle fall out, my suggestion is to pat the eyeshadow on and not sweep it on. I heard this is from the Book Of Shadows Vol. 1.
- Buck is a matte medium beige-y brown. It is almost a darkened version of Naked. I use it in the crease with Naked.
- Half Baked is a metallic frosty bronze gold color. I actually think this is my favorite of the 12 colors. A permanent color. In the Vegan Palette as well, the Sustainable Palette, .
- Smog is a deepened bronze color with a coppery sheen to it. Again it is a shimmery finish. Also a permanent color. Also in the Vegan Palette, Ammo Palette, the Summer of Love Palette, and the Book Of Shadows Vol.3 .
- Darkhorse is a darker bronze color that pulls a little towards the plum side. it is a shimmer. In the Rollergirl Palette, the Feminine Palette,
- Toasted is a medium brown with a pull towards pink. It is a frosty finish. It is a permanent color.
- Hustle is a plum chocolate with a shimmery finish. I love this color with Half Baked.
- Creep is a black with multi colored shimmer. Urban Decay said that is was gold shimmer but I don't see any gold.
- Gunmetal is a dark grey color with a metallic finish. It shows up in the Dangerous Palette and the Book Of Shadows Vol. 4.
The eyeshadow brush is called the Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush. It is a 100% Vegan brush. Similar in shape to Sigma E60, it is a flat eyeshadow brush with a deep c a the end of the hairs. I actually don't use it very much. That is why I said I was a little disappointed with having a brush rather than a eyeliner. If bought alone this brush would cost you $26 which is comparable to MAC prices. The packaging of this brush when it is alone is really cute.
The Urban Decay Primer Potion, I like this stuff a lot but I think I like Benefits Stay Don't Stray more, I want to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance. The primer is a clear based primer. I notice for me that I still have creases. This is only a mini version of the primer, I think primer usually comes with all of the Urban Decay Palettes. The original size costs $18 but they have the new squeezy tube which is a $1 more. Personally I would rather spend the extra $1 because at the end you will have to dissect the primer bottle to get the rest out. The minis on the Urban Decay Website cost $9 which isn't too bad. They also have the Sin and Original Primer Potion duo for $26, I think this is the best deal.
Overall this palette costs $48 at many places like Sephora and Ulta for 12 Eyeshadows, 1 Mini Primer Potion, and 1 Eyeshadow Brush. Individually this would cost me $239 to purchase. It would have been cheaper if they would have kept the eyeliner. I actually purchased this for $38 because I had a $10 off coupon for standing in line at the Grand Opening here in Idaho. Score right?
Here is my little look book.
|Eye look one.|
This is Naked all over the lid with Buck in the Crease and Sin as the highlight and inner corner highlight. I applied Buch on the outer half of my lower lash line and Naked on the inner half.
|Eye look two.|
This is Half Baked all on the inner half of the lid and Smog on the outer half. Darkhorse in the crease and as liner on the bottom half.
|Eye look three.|
This is Creep all over the lid. Hustle and Toasted in the Crease. Sin as a brow bone highlight. Half Baked as a inner highlight and bottom lash line liner. Creep is on the waterline.
Each look was with Maybelline's Colossal mascara in black.
I have an Urban Decay Wish List.
- Urban Decay Book Of Shadows Alice and Wonderland. Very hard to find, not available on the website or stores.
- Urban Decay Book Of Shadows Vol. 4
- Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection Palette
- Urban Decay Eyeshadows in Baked, Lounge, Maui Wowie, Mildew, Perversion, Polyester Bride, Roach, Strip, Woodstock, and YDK
- Urban Decay Cream Shadows in Moonshine, Mushroom, Rehab, and Whipped.
- Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadows in Honey, Ransom, Ruthless, Scratch, Shag, and Underground
- Urban Decay Star Dust Eyeshadows in Space Cowboy
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Bourbon, Mildew, Oil Slick, Ransom, Yeyo, and Zero
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Eyeliners in Baked, Distortion, Glam Rock, Metal Head, and Stagedive.
- Urban Decay False Lashes in Baby Doll, Vamp, Queen, Plush, Lure, and Black Velvet
- Urban Decay Urban Defense in Halo
- Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
- Urban Decay Afterglow in Bang, Crush, Quickie, and Score.
- Urban Decay Lipstick in Indecent, JailBait, Naked, Peroxide, and Wanted
- Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Naked, Crush, and Peroxide
- Urban Decay Pocket Rocket in Kirk, Max, and Collin
- Urban Decay The Revolution Eyelash Curler
- Urban Decay Good Karma Shading Brush
- Urban Decay Sparkling Lickable Body Powder in Honey
Hahah Huge LIST.